Fallen Boy, Freedom Fighter, Mr. Xtreme and Vortex of the Xtreme Justice League patrol crime-ridden downtown San Diego. Facing their very own attack by a criminal like organization running ruthlessly without fear of conviction of the police after them, the citizens of San Diego have banded together calling themselves The Extreme Justice League, was founded in 2006.
Made up of students, security officers and former service members, the assemblage looks strange and comic. But the group takes itself quite seriously. According to its Web site, members are trained in “citizen’s arrest, martial arts, basic first aid, conflict resolution and scenario training.” While the group does allow its members to carry some weapons for self-defense, it prohibits firearms. When coming across a serious crime, such as a rape, robbery, or murder, the group’s Web site says: “We would physically intervene, protect the victim from further harm, make a citizen’s arrest if it’s safe to do so, and call 9-1-1.”
Now the ultimate question, who would win in a fight? The Extreme Justice League versus Rain City Superhero Movement? Phoenix Jones vs Freedom Fighter?
Want to join? Its a simple 6 step process:
Join the Xtreme Justice League
The Xtreme Justice League is recruiting new crime fighters now for our patrol efforts in San Diego and in other cities. To join, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants should be at least 18 years old. Applicants between the ages of 15-17 will require written parental permission.
2. Applicants with criminal records will be considered on a case by case basis. Murderers, rapists, child molesters and sex offenders will not be accepted.
3. New members must have their own costume, gear and superhero persona established.
4. Members must have their own way to and from the patrols. Occasionally carpool options are available and sometimes we can give you a ride back. You will be responsible for your own transportation most of the time.
5. You must commit to a minimum of 1 patrol a week, 2 hours a week. Flakes need not apply. There is no place for laziness in the XJL.
6. Smokers, drunks, druggies, bullshiters, e-heroes, drama queens or kings, racists, sexists, homophobes, vigilantes, fake tough guys, stinky mofos, or knuckleheads in general also need not apply. We are looking only for serious and dedicated people only.